IDBS is a leading global provider of advanced software for research and development (R&D) organizations to securely capture, manage, share and exploit structured and unstructured data.
Our customers around the globe trust us with their data, their business and their success and we enable them to get back to what they do best: science.
What you will be doing
We are looking for a talented designer to help us as we design and develop our next generation of our market leading research process and data management software.
As a UX Designer you will work embedded in multiple agile teams of development and test engineers, product owners and product managers where you will synthesise useable features from product concepts. You will bring your analysis, creative and design skills to the teams to help create awesome products. You will work to understand how our applications’ users want to instinctively interact with the software to get their research and laboratory management tasks done – all while making using IDBS products a great experience.
- Lead the product design process involving research, experimentation and revision.
- Work with product owners to understand the requirements for our products.
- Create and iterate elegant designs, storyboards and prototypes that deliver on the product requirements.
- Work closely with development and test engineers to deliver awesome products from these designs.
- Evangelise best practice for UI and UX design within IDBS.
- Keep up to date with current UI and UX design trends.
Skills you will need
- UI and UX design experience in Web applications not just Web sites. We will ask to see your portfolio at interview to demonstrate this.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies.
- Strong visual design skills: latest trends, colour and typography.
- The ability to create wireframes, visual design storyboards and prototypes.
- The ability to solve all sorts of application interface design challenges with creativity, efficiency and precision.
- You must be self-directed, confident and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, both written and spoken English, with both technical and not-so-technical people. A key skill is to be able to explain why a design works and why another design does not.
- Strong working knowledge of visual design and software prototyping tools such as the Adobe Creative Cloud, Bohemian Coding’s Sketch and Invision