This is an opportunity to join our new Technical Operations Team (“TechOps”) deploying and supporting cutting-edge scientific R&D technology globally into the top Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies in the world.
The job holder will be working with global stakeholders in Europe and North America to troubleshoot, install, upgrade customer environments and prepare them to migrate to the Cloud. The System Administrator will balance day to day support and technical troubleshooting of IDBS software solutions deployed on-premise or in the Customers Private Cloud while delivering high availability and fault tolerant installations, upgrades and migrations of production systems. This role requires the ability to troubleshoot customer's infrastructure and lead resolution with a customer’s IT and/or Partners Infrastructure teams.
Reporting to our Head of Service Delivery Excellence, the role is based out of our head office in Guildford, but you support our customers on their journey to our Cloud Platform no matter where in the world they are based.
In the role you will:
- Troubleshoot, install, upgrade and migrate customer environments.
- Implement OnPrem Deployment Topologies consulting with Site Reliability Engineering and DevOps Teams.
- Manage Environment Readiness and Infrastructure Assessments for customers to ensure they are setup for success with our technology.
- Assist Infrastructure Planning and verification with customer
- Provide technical direction and play a lead role to ensure that the appropriate security, backup, failover, monitoring, alerting and disaster recovery mechanisms are in place.
- Remediate OnPrem Deployments to bring them in line with industry best practice.
- Mentor Professional Services on best practice.
- Lead troubleshooting with Technical issues (Clusters, Databases, Application Servers, Network, Firewalls and Load Balancers).
- Deploy and maintain highly available and fault tolerant production systems.
- Plan and execute Customer Migrations with Global Professional Services.
- Hands on management of Installation, Support and Maintenance of all software & hardware infrastructure.
- Ensure that customers’ environments are equipped with appropiate resources and are designed correctly to scale with customer adoption.
- Introduce and manage the right level of qualification and testing procedures for change and configuration management in the on-premise environment.
- Work with the Development, QA and Support teams to resolve issues; take corrective and preventative actions.
- Define and ensure compliance with corporate policy and procedures in respect of quality and information security.
- Help drive continuous improvement of our Quality Management, Information Security practices.
- Participate in customer audits and ISO Certifications relating to Systems and processes owned by your team.
To be successful, you'll need to demonstrate:
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving customer problems.
- Experience with load balancers and web servers. Managing and configuring Nginx, F5, Apache, HA proxy etc.
- Debugging infrastructure, application deployment and network issues using common open source tools.
- Experience in UNIX/Powershell shell scripting.
- Able to set up and support MongoDB or other NoSQL Databases.
- Experience installing, upgrading and deploying IDBS Products and Technologies would be advantageous.
And if you’ve any of the following that would be great:
- Security - web/api design/certificates.
- Remote Desktop/Citrix.
- Experience of running production systems in the Cloud.
In addition to the technical skills you’ll need to bring to the role, HOW you work is important to us so you will need to demonstrate:
- An ability to work well under pressure and manage several tasks simultaneously with a self-starting, pro-active approach.
- Resilience, versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities with enthusiasm and in support of the organization’s needs.
- Ability to relay, complex information in simple terms to people at varying levels of competence.
- Confidence and effective communication across teams, management tiers and with customers both in writing and verbally.
We offer an attractive salary in addition to a competitive benefits package and look forward to receiving your application.
Learn more about the story behind IDBS innovation: IDBS