Solutions Consultants provide business knowledge and technical support to Account Managers throughout the sales cycle; demonstrating products to customers to show how they will meet their requirements, and discussing the use of IDBS’ services to obtain maximum business benefit.
Solutions Consultants develop and maintain relationships with Customer Support staff and Product Managers to ensure that they continue to develop their product and services knowledge based on qualified feedback from customers.
The position is customer facing and as well as strong domain knowledge and technical skills, requires good interpersonal skills and an understanding of business value in order to grasp customer requirements, not only from a technical perspective but also from a business perspective.
- Support the sales team in opportunity identification and qualification
- Shape, drive and deliver pre-sales action plan on qualified opportunities
- Contribute to region revenue growth for both license and services
- Contribute to the development of the IDBS pre-sales value proposition
- Develop and manage customer and partner relationships on a long-term basis
- Provide technical support to Account Managers and assist with the qualification of sales opportunities from a product/solution fit and customer benefit standpoint
- Carry out initial business analysis to identify key customer requirements
- Deliver value-based product demonstrations to potential customers
- Build relationships with customers and business partners based on trust, setting and proactively managing expectations
- Deliver RFI - RFP responses
- Close working and alignment with colleagues in sales and project delivery
- Provide customer feedback to the Product Managers on existing and future product functionality and assist with the identification of potential customer reference sites
- Adapt pre-sales materials to customer needs when appropriate and work with peers in the global Solutions Consulting team to contribute to the review and development of pre-sales good practice
- Contribute to the pool of pre-sales materials by developing and maintaining examples to assist in the sales process
- Maintain current awareness of IDBS products, value proposition, corporate vision and messaging
- Maintain commercial awareness of IDBS’ customers and competitors
- Provide regular measurement of pre sales activities and results and contribute to cost-of-sale analysis to ensure optimum use of pre-sales resources
- Attend conferences, events and trade shows as required to support sales efforts
- Up to 50% travel is required
- Take the leadership responsibility for the pre-sales engagement of accounts
- Presentation and Articulation – Ability to present and explain IDBS products and value proposition clearly in terms the prospect understands
- Questioning and listening ability – To help win new business without surprises or missed expectations during the sales cycle
- Ability to constantly analyse and examine ways to win deals
- Ability to contribute to account planning and execute against that plan
- Ability to follow company processes with specific emphasis on IDBS sales process
- Pre-sales experience, ideally with scientific software. Experience of using IDBS products would be an advantage.
- Solutions Consultants should have knowledge of at least one of IDBS’ target markets (Pharmaceuticals, Biotech, Analytical Sciences, Chemicals, Food and Beverage). They should also be commercially astute and demonstrate excellent presentation skills.