IDBS is a leading global provider of advanced software for research and development organizations to securely capture, manage, share and exploit structured and unstructured data.
Our technology and domain expertise enables users to link data to data, data to people and people to people to drive innovation, achieve faster time to market and improve margins.
As a member of the Testing department within the Product Delivery team, the Test Lead will work with other testers and developers sharing responsibility for creating high quality data management and analytic software for use primarily across the pharmaceutical, life-science and healthcare industries.
The Product Delivery division works in agile, self-organising, teams having ownership of discrete areas of functionality within IDBS product suite.
- Working in an Agile team to create Test Estimates, Test Plans, Test Data and Test Scripts for User Stories, Business Requirements or System Requirements to the required standard.
- Ensure that test scripts produced are repeatable and maintainable.
- Identify any relevant pre-requisites and pre-conditions and post-conditions that successful test execution is dependent on.
- Update or amend existing test scripts to keep in line with changing application requirements.
- Own the test approach of functional areas.
- Risk assessment and planning, execution of mitigation activities.
- Provide ad-hoc reports on testing status as required.
- Execute existing or new test scripts with conformance to all stated pre-conditions and design steps against defined environmental conditions and business models.
- Proactively participate and contribute to Agile team activities and discussion.
- Assist BA’s in obtaining performance test goals.
- Experience in Test Automation using Selenium or similar tools.
Use of Test Management and Reporting Tools
- Use of Test Management and Defect Reporting Tools (e.g. HPQC, JIRA) to demonstrate test execution status by having traceability between Tests and Defects. Integration and adoption of other development tools managed appropriately at a project level as required.
- Create defect reports in a structured and well-presented manner ensuring that all relevant details are included to allow development to recreate and fix.
- Track defects through the lifecycle and ensure that appropriate additional testing is performed.
- ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing (or equivalent) qualification – or demonstrated capability of obtaining this.
- Knowledge and experience of Test Automation principles using tools such as Selenium, Robot Framework or similar Browser automation technologies
- Experience of using Cloud Environments such as AWS
- Ability to independently analyse a system, requirement or problem, and produce a high quality, effective testing approach, and set of test scripts.
- Ability to analyse and report on testing results on both a pre-defined and ad-hoc basis.
- Proven ability to work independently, with initiative, as part of a wider delivery team.
- Appreciation of core concepts around automation and performance testing.
- Ability to work as part of a team, supporting others towards a common goal.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to relay complex information concisely and articulately.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to learn and use new technology.
- Confidence in own abilities.
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure in a changing environment to tight deadlines.
- Ability to take a pro-active approach and use initiative.
- Demonstrates excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Willingness to learn.
IDBS will process your data in accordance with our Applicant Privacy Notice