Account Development Representative
Operates as a key member of IDBS’ office based sales organization, responsible for identifying and leveraging new business opportunities to enable the effective selling of scientific R&D enterprise software solutions. Supports IDBS’s go to market strategy and the field sales Accounts team in accordance with defined sales processes. Primary industry sectors include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food and beverage, consumer goods, energy and chemicals.
Processes and qualifies Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs).
- Generates, nurtures and qualifies leads to create IDBS sales opportunities for the North American market.
- Persistently initiates contact, determines and creates interest, and qualifies new business opportunities with key buying influencers in complex organizations by building relationships with potential prospects via telephone, e-mail and web.
- Works in line with IDBS’s strategy and with Strategic and Named Account Managers to expand the awareness and footprint of IDBS solutions. This will include appointment setting, profiling and targeted business development and marketing campaigns.
- Leverages marketing activity with calls and emails and the use of social media to drive prospects to trade shows, events, webinars and other content, with persistent follow up post event to nurture and qualify leads.
- Understands and articulates prospective clients’ culture, product portfolio, competitive position, financial state, investment plan, organization structure and key decision makers.
- Utilizes IDBS CRM (Salesforce) to track activities, customer communications, forecast, and onsite events with prospective customers.
- Develops customer relations including, but not limited to sales leads, research, warm calls, qualifying leads, developing leads, and customer service.
- Attends conventions, conferences, and trade shows as needed; prepares post-event reports and analysis.
- Analyzes existing and anticipated client needs and promotes company services to meet such requirements.
- Manages the preparation and implementation of targeted business development campaigns
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager